Project iPads

Thanks to several grants, I  currently have 5 iPads in my classroom. Since introducing them into the classroom, I have used them in small groups and in independent learning centers.  However, it didn't take long for my little smarties to figure out how to download non-educational games and videos to play when they were supposed to be on learning games.  So now I am on a quest for ideas for iPad projects that will keep those little darlings engaged in learning activities using the iPads as a tool rather than a toy.

Here is one idea that I found that kept them on task. Students worked with a partner or two using our jumbo magnetic numbers (flashcards will work just as well) and went around the room creating sets to match each number using objects they found in the classroom. As evidence, they had to take a picture of their sets and include the number in the picture.   






Once the students finished their number sets, I let them exchange iPads with another group to share their number set pictures and check to see that the other group had the correct number of objects in their pictures.

How have you used iPads in the classroom?

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love this idea!

Linda
Down the Learning Road

Luv My Kinders said...

Great idea to keep them accountable. I have had 5 iPads for a few years and usually use them in centers and small groups as well. This year I am so lucky to be going 1/1 iPads. I am trying to figure out how I am going to best utilize them. Did you know you can enable guided access on the ipads and then the students can only be in the app you set up and cannot get out to other things. You can also disable their ability to purchase/download. Thanks for sharing.

~Laura
Luv My Kinders